Thursday, December 22, 2011

Life ever seem like a bout of hiccups? Well, I'm trying to drink from the other side of the glass. I'll let you know how it goes.

Grandpa's birthday was Christmas. First one without him.

Might have to raise of can of Old Milwaukee just for him. I used to say, "Grandpa, that stuff is made to put your worms in while fishing. Please, please try some of my real beer." Then at that very moment, I'd get this grin - not a smile, a grin - and a warm, spirit-filled look from his hazel eyes.

I suppose I should bring the little Buck knife he gave me to the Christmas gift opening. Grandpa won't be there in person to rummage in his pocket for his. The man insisted on slicing envelopes and cutting Scotch tape. Like bringing a stick to a toothpick party.

So about those hiccups...time to move on and try new stuff, make even more of every opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment