Sunday, May 31, 2009

Noticing a trend?  Sunday @ Bucks - Starbucks, not Bucks in Ishpeming....geesh....

After much deliberation and a few slaps upside the head by a couple of friends (to which I admit and sincerely utter thank you), I took the fire exam.  As usual, I headed right to the car after the written and looked up all of the ones I thought I may have marked incorrectly.  The practical - well, I could crawl around on the floor by touch any day.  Mom said I never crawled, so I'm making up for it (the wheeled seat thingee was faster and I'm sure that is making a few of you laugh).  I somehow slammed my knee - the bad one - in the past week, though no one knew or could tell.  Took a few ibuprofens as the day began and those just make my body feel so fabulous that I could still be crawling around to help others.  If I hadn't been running behind on other projects, I would've stayed for the re-dos because I brought a 60 minute bottle and barely breathe unlike those huff and puff, blow the house down guys.

My overage box from the trip arrived the other day and I picked it up at my parents' shop this morning.  UPS never delivers to my home.  Showed Mom my seat belt dress for one of the weddings.  Well, at least that's what I claiming it is.  It's an upscale flapper style that I find quite sassy.   Perfect for moi and that celebration.

Still awaiting two other boxes.  I schlepped my Quadrifoglio earrings to the Portland Tiffany store and they had to be sent to New York.  Doesn't it just figure that a couple of days into knee rehab a while back, I broke the earrings that mean four-leaf clover in Italian.  Luck meets fate. The other shipment will be eyeglasses.  They're being handcrafted so who knows when they'll arrive, but oh so worth the wait.  Imagine a company that finally understands that eyeglasses are an accessory!  Leave it to the Swiss.  I chose a modified cat eye with amethyst bridge and connectors, as a start, and then bought hunter green and another patterned frost set of temples.  They can even have multiple different shape lenses.  

There's a new Indian restaurant in town and an Irish pub opening soon.  Curry or Guinness - oh make my heart flutter.

The sun is strong today but there is a winterly spring chill in the air.  Living here allows one to experience diversity - weather diversity - daily.

Mission for this week, should you dare to attempt, is savor a moment.  Write you next Sunday with I'm sure some tidbits to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment