Saturday, May 12, 2012


There is a robin very unpleased with me right now.  I have not a clue where the nest is, but I looked around and certainly cannot find anything.  Quite amazing how vocal they can be.

Sitting aside a new fire pit in the back yard.  It's dusk and chilling down briskly so I popped in the house and put on Dad's old Navy pea coat.  My parents gave it to me the other day.  I have always been mesmerized by a bon fire - the licking flames, glowing embers, changing colors.  I can hear the fountain and also the popping of the wood.  It is the best, very best of both worlds.  In my dreams I wanted a home  that entwined a fire place with water.  This may be as close as I get.  

Dive bombed by a robin.  Sorry.  I pay the mortgage here.  At least for a few more months.

Started the day with a productive meeting about an upcoming emergency exercise, then a quick trip to the grocery store had a friend and me running into a very nice brush truck from Baraga.  So we introduced ourselves and checked out their apparatus.  I certainly would take that any dreamcicle over the Army truck we have that pre-dates my birth.

Raked for a while and discovered that I'm going to bring more rocks home.  Time to ground the place better.  Plus, I'll put them around the fire ring.  As I sit here thinking of how to spiff up the home and watching the bright planet in the sky, I think wow it is about time that I do work for myself.

Gave the Model A's another base coat.  I think tomorrow mine will be started.  The National Model A Convention is coming to town and I picked up some wood cutouts that will be hung from the downtown light poles.  My intent is to incorporate glow in the dark paint along with glitter and some fringe.  Are you scared yet?  On another note, I sketched out a logo tonight for a local race.  Don't have the software to make it look good, but I just had to put graphite to paper and get over the urge.

The birds have fallen asleep.  Now that is astounding.  The conductor put down the baton.

At that, I'm putting one more log on the fire...


No comments:

Post a Comment