Saturday, February 28, 2009

Today - three days in one or at least that's what the bod feels it should be.

Cash-Man-Du arrived at my house last night.  Fine with me!  He's the furless (well, it's just really short fur) hot water bottle that loves the big bed with flannel sheets.  When he dreams, his toes move.  It's a struggle not to laugh.  We went for not one, but two!, walks today.  He takes great thrill in bolting off like a horse to get me moving quickly before the long lead pulls him.  Mom worked commands with him and wow he must really love cheese because he was at the top of his game.

It was practical day for fire class.  Quickly got through all of the stations and left.  Not very team like of me, but I had things to do and frankly I'm not really that jazzed about any of this stuff.

The pager went off this afternoon while Cash and I were napping.  I hate it when that happens.  Total struggle for me to put one foot in front of the other as though I'm not firing on all cylinders.  Heard snowmobile rescue and thought ugh...couldn't just be a I can't get up call.  I did remember to empty my bladder and grab some snowmobile gear.  I rode squatted on the back of a sleigh for a while with my arms extended in front.  Long story - as usual, I never get the typical types of injuries that can be packaged in a traditional fashion.  

Between class, the call and long walks, my knee got a work out today.  I'm thinking it'll be an ibuprofen evening.  That might help my headache too.

My office at work moved this past week.  What an ordeal...

Next week will be better.  Plus, I left my pager on the rig so tonight will be good too.  :)


1 comment: