Friday, March 27, 2009

Serendipity.

I went to the movie store tonight on the way home.  Coming down with a cold and very little sleep lately, yet I stop to get movies.  That's me alright.  Madagascar 2 (for the penguins, of course), Ron White and Sex in the City.  Confused?  Well, apparently I am too.

In a silly moment, I took an online questionnaire and then popped in Sex in the City - the movie.  Oddly, I don't even remember how I got to the questionnaire.  The results were sent to my email account so I paused the blah, blah stuff at the beginning of the DVD.  My result - I am Carrie Bradshaw.  Who's Carrie Bradshaw?  Then I started watching the movie, and now I write...

Ever been faced with things that you don't want to see?  Over and over - life, stalled in the center lane.  Is it to startle you to move forward?  Is it purposeful in that you still have something to learn?  Some people just get out and start walking, no bearing at all.  Others sit in the stalled car, watch people grow up, leave, and sometimes come back through again for a visit.  Oh and then there are those that get out, try to work on the car, fail and say hmmm - now what?

I tend to shed advice and opinions like a malamute blowing coat.  Sometimes it gets a little out of hand and I almost always think it goes unheard.  But, in the last couple of weeks, I've heard some echoed.  Huh.

"Serendipity.  Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for."  Lawrence Block

No comments:

Post a Comment