Thursday, March 19, 2009

We are on the cusp of spring.  Came into this world on the day before the 1st Day of Spring, otherwise, I'd certainly not remember it.  I do share this day with something that's been celebrated in San Juan since the late 1700s - The Swallows Return to Capistrano Day.  Woo-whoo!

As if that's not enough to know spring is almost here, I went from princess gliding on ice to muckin' like a pig in mud to trudging through snow up to mid-thigh yesterday.  The sun melted all of the ice off the decks and this morning there is snow on them.

Tempting - real tempting to just roll over and throw the comforter over my head.  Alas, soon, very soon there will be buds on the trees, wisps of green grass, and the wheel goes 'round and 'round.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day....and yes, tomorrow is the first day of SPRING! We will have to celebrate your birthday this weekend with a bottle of wine....let me know when it's a good time, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - how about if we try wine and the Wii! I'm thinking a glass while snowboarding! :) I'll get a hold of you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay.....just let me know......but Sunday might be the day to learn how to ski........etc.???? Are you up for it? Call me..... :-)

    ReplyDelete